Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Altered mini frame

Hello everyone! The last project I did (Altered Nesting Boxes), I used some Distress Crackle paint and I really like how it turned out. So I decided to give it a try on mini frame that I have had sitting in my craft room for a couple of years now that I purchased from the dollar store!

This 3x5 frame started with a silver, shiny almost chrome like finish on it. I applied a coat of white Gesso first to prep it for the acrylic paint and let it dry completely. Then I painted a coat of pink acrylic paint over the entire frame and allowed it to dry. Now comes the fun part! I painted the frame with Distress Crackle paint and set it aside to dry. Waiting for it to dry was the hardest part! :) I really love how this turned out! The pink barely showing through the cracks really makes it pop! Then to embellish it, I just grabbed a flower from my stash and stick pin to match and hot glued them in place.
Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy that you've stopped by today!
Thanks for your lovely comment!