Saturday, March 2, 2013

Altered Nesting Boxes

Happy National Craft Month!!! I've decided to alter some nesting wooden boxes. This project was fun and easier than ever!

The hardest thing about altering these cute boxes was decided whether to go with paint or paper to cover them...
So I did a combination of both! By using a coordinating paper pack from My Mind's Eye, all I had to do was use a coordinating paint and decided to go with Distress Crackle paint.
For the large box I used all paper to cover it. I inked the edges with Distress Ink Tea Dye and this is the only box top that I used a dimensional embellishment because the other tops would not be able to nest if they weren't flat embellishments.
On the medium box, I used the combination of covering 2 of the sides and the lid with Gesso and then Distress Crackle paint. I love the shabby chic look of crackle paint!
The smallest box I used all paper again, but this time I used the same pattern on all 4 sides and inked the edges with Distress Ink Tea Dye. I also used a piece of the pattern paper to cover the top and just used Stickles to embellish it!

Here's a list of products you can use to alter some boxes:

My Mind's Eye
Distress Crackle paint
Distress Ink
Stickles
Gems

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy that you've stopped by today!
Thanks for your lovely comment!